1. Sessions in your home can take up to 5+ hours. That's a LONG time for your newborn baby to be fussed with and a LONG time for exhausted new parents. Sessions in my studio are generally about 2-3 hours. IT'S EASIER ON BABY AND EASIER ON PARENTS.
2. Access to my ginormous prop selection. Based on your color preferences, your precious new baby's session will be fully styled and prepped with multiple sets in place allowing us to move baby from one set up to another without having to waste valuable baby sleepy time while sets are being taken down and built in your home. We don't have to come into your home and move furniture just to accommodate the set ups. This will all be done before you arrive. My prop room includes a massive, internationally sourced collection of high end, hand made bonnets, headbands, hats, wraps, blankets and gorgeous wood props just to name a few.
3. My studio is completely climate controlled to keep the perfect temperature for baby when they are unclothed. If you live in bigger home with high ceilings you might find it difficult to get just one room to 82-85 degrees. My studio offers a safe, clean environment for you just days old baby.
4. Relax! Enjoy watching your newborn being photographed from the comfort of our client area. It includes a big comfy couch, changing table, snacks, coffee, TV... perfect place for exhausted parents to kick their feet up. There's no relaxing when you're in your home believe it or not. Whether you're having to move furniture, entertain visiting friends and family, feel like you need to tidy your home, you won't be resting. If you come to my studio you can relax, catch up with emails and texts or simply rest your head for a few minutes. It is not uncommon for one or both parents to catch a quick nap at some point during the session.
5. Lighting. In order to achieve the continuity of the beautiful newborn baby photographs presented on my website I use the same lighting set up with every session. I'm not having to contend with different lighting situations or hunting around your home for the perfect window light.
6. My expertise and experience. I've photographed hundreds of newborns and I am expert in the field of newborn photography.
7. My studio is clean, clean, clean. The studio is fully cleaned and disinfected before every session. Myself and my assistants are updated on our vaccines including the very important Tdap (Whooping Cough) vaccine.
When asked, a recent client said this about her experience in my studio
"My favorite part of Maxine's studio is the general cleanliness and comfort of the parents' room. After being in the hospital, where it is compete chaos, and then home where I all of a sudden had to do everything for myself, it was really nice to sit in a clean comfortable space, and hand everything over to someone else."
The most common comment I get after my newborn sessions is "this was the best experience"
8. Maxine Evans Photography studio is not a home studio. I offer a professional commercial baby studio located on the top floor of an old artist building. Approx 2000 sq feet totally dedicated to babies.
9. I ONLY photograph babies and their family in my studio. Unlike so many photographers, newborn baby photography is my only specialty. My time isn't split between other types of photography. My focus is 100% focused my newborn and baby clients.
10. It's STRESS FREE! Just bring me your baby, I'll take care of the rest.
Clearly, I feel that a studio session is the best way to get the gorgeous images you see on my website. When you're considering a home session... Ask yourself how much work you want to do to have your newborn's first photo shoot? If the answer is none, a studio session is for you. Whether it's my studio or one of my professional colloquies in the Los Angeles area you won't be disappointed with your decision to venture out.